Griffith Retirement Estate is seeking to employ an experienced full-time Maintenance and Gardening Officer to support a vibrant and growing community. The Estate is owned by Gannon Lifestyle Communities; a long-term retirement estate operator with a strong family philosophy and hands-on approach.
About the Estate
Griffith Retirement Estate located in the heart of Griffith NSW and we are proud of an enviable reputation as the leading retirement estate in the region.
The Estate offers residents the choice of enjoying lifestyles in either Independent Living Units or Assisted Living Apartments. Currently there are 30 Assisted Living Apartments and 108 Independent Living Units. When fully complete the Estate will have 160 Independent Living Units and 30 Assisted Living Apartments and a resident community exceeding 200 people with a team of 15+ staff.
About the Position
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance and Gardening Officer is to maintain the appearance of the Estate and attend to any maintenance issues as they arise. Working unsupervised, you will be highly motivated and capable of providing a high level of customer service.
As Maintenance and Gardening Officer, your duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Ensuring Griffith Retirement Estate is maintained and presented at a high standard at all times
- Garden labour such as pruning, weeding, hedging and mowing are to be completed in a timely manner and of a high quality condition
- Maintenance repairs to the accommodation and amenities as required
- Ensure the proper and safe use and storage of all materials, consumables and gardening equipment
- Other tasks including emptying rubbish bins, pool maintenance and garden restoration
- Previous experience working in a grounds/maintenance role
- Full ‘C’ class drivers licence
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Great customer service skills teamed with a positive attitude and a strong attention to detail
How to Apply
If you wish to join a successful team in a growing company, please apply via Seek.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded here.