Griffith Retirement Estate is seeking to employ an experienced full-time Maintenance and Gardening Officer to support a vibrant and growing community. The Estate is owned by Gannon Lifestyle Communities; a long-term retirement estate operator with a strong family philosophy and hands-on approach.
About the Estate
Griffith Retirement Estate located in the heart of Griffith NSW and we are proud of an enviable reputation as the leading retirement estate in the region.
The Estate offers residents the choice of enjoying lifestyles in either Independent Living Units or Assisted Living Apartments. Currently there are 30 Assisted Living Apartments and 126 Independent Living Units. When fully complete the Estate will have 160 Independent Living Units and 30 Assisted Living Apartments and a resident community exceeding 230 people with a team of 15+ staff.
About the role
Reporting to the Estate Manager the Maintenance and Gardening Officer is responsible for providing an effective and efficient maintenance and gardening service while maintaining a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Maintain gardens and grounds including:
- Mowing, edging and maintenance of lawns
- Weeding, pruning, planting, landscaping of all gardens and grounds
- Maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of all external areas including paths and hard surfaces
- Rubbish removal
Maintain buildings facilities and equipment including:
- Clean and maintain drains and ensure drains are properly operational.
- Clean and maintain drainage and sewer pits ensuring the pits are not blocked.
- Maintenance and installation of irrigation systems
- Routine maintenance of equipment in accordance with specifications
- Carryout timely and proficient routine preventative maintenance and repairs to facilities and equipment
- Proven experience and ability to develop relationships and demonstrate empathy when dealing with residents – essential
- Experience in gardening maintenance, plant types, pruning, irrigation systems and servicing of gardening equipment – essential
- Experience in basic maintenance fields such as woodwork, electrical and plumbing – essential
- General knowledge of basic machinery repairs such as washing machines, dryers, hot water services and air conditioners – desirable
Qualifications and Licences:
- Certificate III horticulture – desirable
- Trade qualification in carpentry, electrical, plumbing or gardening – highly desirable
- Unencumbered Australian Drivers Licence – essential
How to Apply
If you wish to join a successful team in a growing company, please apply via Seek.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded here.